The SAP Qualification training and web-based
exam meets all DOT requirements for determining your level of
specific knowledge in the Substance Abuse Professional field. Purchase of the
exam includes all the study materials.
You should receive the study materials within 7-10 working days. If you do not, call 800-672-7229.
When you complete checkout, a link to a text file will be made available. Save this file to your computer for future use. The file contains the link to the exam to be taken after you review the study materials.
You can be assured you have
succeeded and are compliant with all requirements when you learn with the SAPAA
To be permitted to act as a SAP in the DOT drug and alcohol testing program-
(a) Credentials. You must have one of the following credentials:
(1) You are a licensed physician (Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy);
(2) You are a licensed or certified social worker;
(3) You are a licensed or certified psychologist;
(4) You are a licensed or certified employee assistance professional;
(5) You are a state-licensed or certified marriage and family therapist; or
(6) You are a drug and alcohol counselor certified by the National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors Certification Commission (NAADAC); or by the International Certification Reciprocity Consortium/Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse (ICRC); or by the National Board for Certified Counselors, Inc. and Affiliates/Master Addictions Counselor (NBCC).