The SAP Qualification Training and Online Exam meets all DOT requirements for determining your level of
specific knowledge in the Substance Abuse Professional field. SAPAA has partnered with Buckley Productions to bring you this course offering, and purchase of this course includes hard copy materials that will be shipped to you directly from Buckley Productions.
More information about SAP guidelines are available on the DOT website.
Completion of the SAP Qualification Training and Online Exam will earn Substance Abuse Professionals 16 PDHs.
Some of what you will learn:
- DOT SAP Guidelines
- Sample documents, such as forms and letters
- What SAP's need to know about revised 49 CFR Part 40
- Background, rationale, and modal distinctions of testing programs
- SAP role in the return to work process, including reporting and record keeping
- Details on the idea SAP assessment how to carry it out
To be permitted to act as a SAP in the DOT drug and alcohol testing program, you must have the following credentials:
- You are a licensed physician (Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy);
- You are a licensed or certified social worker;
- You are a licensed or certified psychologist;
- You are a licensed or certified employee assistance professional;
- You are a state-licensed or certified marriage and family therapist; or
- You are a drug and alcohol counselor certified by the National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors Certification Commission (NAADAC); or by the International Certification Reciprocity Consortium/Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse (ICRC); or by the National Board for Certified Counselors, Inc. and Affiliates/Master Addictions Counselor (NBCC).