EXAM ONLY! If you wish to purchase the qualification training in addition to the exam, please review SAPAA's SAP Qualification Training and Online Exam.
More information about SAP guidelines are available on the DOT website.
To be permitted to act as a SAP in the DOT drug and alcohol testing program, you must have the following credentials:
- You are a licensed physician (Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy);
- You are a licensed or certified social worker;
- You are a licensed or certified psychologist;
- You are a licensed or certified employee assistance professional;
- You are a state-licensed or certified marriage and family therapist; or
- You are a drug and alcohol counselor certified by the National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors Certification Commission (NAADAC); or by the International Certification Reciprocity Consortium/Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse (ICRC); or by the National Board for Certified Counselors, Inc. and Affiliates/Master Addictions Counselor (NBCC).